Written by Fr. Geoffrey Bliss, SJ, and Illustrated by Caryll Houselander
Based on the traditional St. Ignatius retreat (trusted by Catholics for centuries) and adapted for children, this clear, simple, thoughtful presentation of the Faith is invaluable for parents seeking to form their children in holiness. My Path to Heaven covers such essentials of the Faith as God’s will, angels, Heaven and Hell, the Fall of man, the Holy Trinity, the Incarnation, the Nativity, the Passion, salvation, the sacraments, faith, hope, love, and contrition, and it teaches children the relevance of these truths in their lives and in the decisions they make.
Among the topics it covers are:
- Three ways to help your child make good choices
- The victory promised to those who try to be holy
- Free will: a great gift (and a great responsibility)
- God's overwhelming mercy and patience
- Christ's plan to train children to follow Him
- God's generosity: why He deserves all our love
- Satan: how your child can avoid the Devil's traps
- Heaven: why now is the time to begin seeking it
My Path to Heaven is best for children ages 9 to 12, but beginning readers and even non-readers can also enjoy the rich illustrations.