by Joan Rivers and Patrice Lappert
Meet Philip Rivers
. . . the eight-time Pro Bowl quarterback who has played for the Los Angeles Chargers since 2004.
When Philip was a boy, he had big dreams and an even bigger love of football. In these pages, you'll follow his rise through the ranks, from Athens High School, to North Carolina State, and finally to the Chargers. You'll discover those qualities of character that separated Philip from so many other young NFL hopefuls. Most importantly, you'll find out how he proudly united his love of the Catholic Faith to his love of football, relying constantly on God and the saints in the face of challenges on and off the field.
Here, you'll read about some of the key moments in Philip's career, including:
- His reputation for dramatic comebacks in college and professional football
- His storied competition with quarterback Drew Brees, which fostered an unlikely friendship
- His infamous humble fumble and how he turned this embarrassing error into a profound success
- His incredible performance against the New England Patriots despite a torn ACL and the unexpected help he received just before the game
- The miraculous meeting that helped him recover from a devastating back injury
Whether you hope to become an outstanding athlete, earn good grades, or deepen your faith, Philip's story will encourage you to persevere on your journey, no matter the challenges you face.