Pope Benedict XIV had the first St. Benedict medals created, which are supposed to be effective in many ways:
- to destroy witchcraft and all other diabolical and haunting influences;
- to impart protection to persons tempted, deluded, or tormented by evil spirits;
- to obtain the conversion of sinners into the Catholic Church, especially when they are in danger of death;
- to serve as an armor against temptation;
- to destroy the effects of poison;
- to secure a timely and healthy birth for children;
- to afford protection against storms and lightning;
- to serve as an efficacious remedy for bodily afflictions and a means of protection against contagious disease
These crucifixes from Lumen Mundi in various sizes, shapes and finishes have a St. Benedict medal at the center. Each crucifix comes with a cord for wearing it around your neck and a small guide to the inscriptions on the medal.
With your St. Benedict Medal Crucifix, we will include the special blessing for this keychain and other Saint Benedict medals that any priest can administer.