Calming the Storm: Navigating the Crises Facing the Catholic Church and Society - Fr. Gerald E. Murray
In Calming the Storm: Navigating the Crises Facing the Catholic Church and Society, experienced Vatican journalist Diane Montagna conducts a wide-ranging and trenchant interview with Fr. Gerald E. Murray that examines the root causes of and potential solutions to the many challenges the Church faces today.
Fr. Murray’s insights provide sure guidance in understanding the Church’s teaching on
- the indissolubility of marriage,
- homosexuality and gender ideology,
- the worthy reception of Holy Communion,
- the value of the Traditional Latin Mass,
- the horror of the sexual abuse of minors by Catholic clergy,
- the responsibility of bishops to uphold—not contradict—the Catholic Faith,
- and the duty of all Catholics to remain faithful to the teachings handed down from the apostles.
Fr. Murray’s analysis highlights that while Christianity is under siege in the modern world, our Faith teaches us to have confidence in God’s never-failing providence. Renewing our minds and hearts in the truths that Christ and His Church teaches us brings true peace of soul. Amidst the maelstrom of doctrinal confusion and worldliness in the Church, Christ alone calms the storm when, like the Apostles, we turn to him in confidence and faith.